We’re focused on providing a secure, high-quality, data-protected and privacy-focused environment for Customers, and this policy outlines our expectations for all of our developers.This policy may not cover all types of Application or Integration, and there may be instances where your Application and/or Integration is not addressed by this Policy. As per the policy, we as an organisation have reserved the right to take any actions or steps necessary, we deem necessary if your Application and/or Integration violates the terms or spirit of this policy, or in case, we feel that such action is necessary to preserve the integrity of our Developer ecosystem or to protect Customers, we may take actions at our discretion.
Violations of this Developer Policy may result in your Application and/or Integration (as defined in the Developer Terms) being blocked from connecting to the Meritto Platform. We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy with or without notifying any further steps to you.
We take Data Protection very seriously at Meritto and expect a high standard from our Developers. We expect that you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations. As such we have the following guidelines for data protection and privacy standards:
- You will not create Applications and/or Integrations which violate the applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- You will not create Applications and/or Integrations which enable Customers to circumvent or violate the Meritto Terms of Service, Developer Terms, and this Policy.
- You will not create Applications and/or Integrations which enables Customer to circumvent or violate the terms or policies of third party platforms, applications, integrations, or any entity that has a relationship with the Customer.
- You will not sell, rent, exploit, or distribute Meritto Customer Data without express consent from the Customer.
- Your Application and/or Integration should not collect, store, and/or use personal data (meaning any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person) without the consent of the data subject or a lawful basis to collect, store, or use such information.
In addition to Data Protection, we take security very seriously. We expect the following of our ecosystem developers:
- You will securely handle any Customer credentials using industry-standard protocols.
- You will not transmit any viruses or other code that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system or Meritto Customer Data.
- You will not attempt to reverse engineer or otherwise derive source code, trade secrets, or know-how in our APIs.
Violations of this policy may result in token revocation, developer suspension, having your Application and/or Integration blocked, Customer notification, legal action or any other action deemed necessary solely by Meritto. If you violate this policy we may or may not provide notice before taking action. Please note that we may periodically audit Applications and Integrations. If you fail an audit before notifying us of any issues, penalties will be more severe.