Meritto (formerly NoPaperForms) is thrilled to present this blog, focusing on empowering EdTech companies to stand out and achieve their sales targets in 2023. As the education technology industry grows rapidly and competition intensifies, it becomes crucial to implement effective strategies to boost conversions. In this blog, we have gone the extra mile to curate the best EdTech sales strategies for your organization. These strategies have been compiled from insights shared by EdTech leaders and industry experts, ensuring actionable advice to help you meet your organizational goals in 2023. Join us as we explore these top strategies and equip your organization with the tools and knowledge needed to succeed in the dynamic EdTech landscape. Let’s embrace the opportunities and propel your EdTech sales to new heights in 2023!
The top actionable strategies from edtech leaders and industry experts to help you achieve your organisational goals in 2023!
What is an EdTech Sales Strategy?
EdTech sales strategies are the plans for how a business will sell its products or services to its candidates. By outlining the approach and tactics of sales team you can achieve the desired sales goals including target markets, candidate segments, and pricing. A successful sales strategy takes into account the market conditions and competition.
How to Plan an EdTech Sales Strategy?
- Identify your target audience: Determine the specific schools, districts, and educators you want to sell to and understand their preferences.
- Conduct market research: Gather data on the current edtech market, including trends, competition, and gaps.
- Define your Unique Value Proposition (UVP): Clearly articulate what makes your product different from others in the market.
- Set sales goals and KPIs: Define specific, measurable, achievable sales targets and the key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develop a sales plan: Outline the steps and processes involved in generating leads, closing deals, and managing relationships with candidates.
- Allocate resources: Determine the resources you need, including people, budget, and technology, to execute your sales plan effectively.
- Launch and monitor: Launch your sales strategy and monitor its progress regularly, using your KPIs to make adjustments as needed.
- Evaluate and refine: Continuously evaluate your sales strategy, gather feedback from candidates, and refine your approach.
Boost Conversions with Strategies
- Personalised marketing and sales approach: By understanding the unique needs and pain points of different segments of your audience, you can create targeted marketing campaigns and sales strategies that resonate with them. This can include using different messaging, offers, and channels for different segments. Know more about Personalised Marketing
- Leverage social proof: Social proof, such as candidate testimonials, case studies, and online reviews, can help build trust and credibility with potential candidates. By showcasing positive experiences from others, you can increase the perceived value of your courses and encourage conversions.
- Offer free trials and demos: Through a risk-free way to try your product, you can build trust and demonstrate the value of your offering. This can be especially effective in the edtech industry, where they are often looking for a specific solution.
- Optimise your website for conversion: Being the first touchpoint for potential candidates, it’s important to make a strong impression. This includes ensuring that your website is user-friendly, fast, and optimised for conversion, with clear calls to action and messaging that resonates with your target audience.
- Use targeted online advertising: By utilising online advertising platforms such as Google Ads or Facebook Ads, you can reach your target audience and drive traffic to your website. Targeted advertising allows you to show your ads to people who are most likely to be interested in your product, increasing the chances of conversion.
- Leverage email marketing: By sending targeted, relevant email campaigns to your subscribers, so you can educate and nurture them towards conversion. This can include using email automation to send personalised messages based on subscriber behaviour, and segmenting your list based on interests and behaviour to ensure that your messages are relevant to each subscriber. Know more about Email Marketing
- Offer special promotions and discounts: Limited-time promotions and discounts can help you encourage conversions and generate buzz around your product. This includes running flash sales, offering special pricing for a limited time, or offering discounts to candidates who refer friends.
- Create a sense of urgency: By using tactics such as limited-time offers, countdown timers, and limited availability, you can create a sense of urgency and encourage candidates to act quickly. This can help increase conversions and drive sales.
- Build a strong brand: Brand identity can help you differentiate yourself from competitors, and build a loyal candidate base. Enabling you to clear your brand message, establish a distinctive visual identity, and consistently communicate your brand values.
- Provide exceptional candidate support: By offering responsive and helpful support, you can build trust and loyalty with your candidates. This can include offering multiple channels, such as email, call, chat, or in-app support, providing quick and helpful responses. By providing exceptional support, you can increase candidate satisfaction, reduce churn, and increase the likelihood of repeat business.
- Continuously test and optimise: Finally, it’s important to continuously test and optimise your sales strategies. This can include running A/B tests on different aspects of marketing and sales approach and tracking metrics like conversion rates.
By implementing these actionable EdTech sales strategies, you can boost conversions in 2023. Personalised outreach, content marketing, leveraging customer success stories, attending relevant events, and leveraging technology are all crucial components. These strategies help the sales team to decrease the length of the sales cycle and upsell their offerings.
While these are the only ideas this time, you might even try a new set of strategies the following quarter. The fun is in experimentation. You simply need to identify any gaps in your sales process or team.
Meritto (formerly NoPaperForms) assists educational organizations’ sales leaders in monitoring and tracking sales performance, pipelines, and candidate journeys. Simultaneously, it automates procedures and tasks for your team.
Switch to Meritto to schedule a meeting with one of our Edtech CRM professionals today.
- The launch of #MeritLabsByMeritto and the story of its first challenge
- Leveraging Higher Education CRM to boost international student recruitment in Singapore
- A Guide to Choosing the Right Education CRM for Improving Enrollments in UAE
- How Can Education CRM Software Boost Student Enrollment in the UAE?
- Why do organizations in Singapore need an education CRM?